Weekly Round Up (01.06.13)
These were my 5 most listened to tunes from the last week, according to last.fm:
1. Everyone’s Starting Over by The Diggs (perfect for the start of a new year)
2. Let’s Try by Nolita Knights
3. The New Year by Death Cab for Cutie (well, obviously I had to list to this last week)
4. Distance Kills by Nolita Knights
5. Collide / Collapse by The Diggs
Happy new year! 2013 is upon us and it’s time to discover more new music. This past week I was introduced to The Diggs, and I have a feeling I’m going to be listening to a lot of them. The band has broken up, but they’re mid-2000’s ’90’s inspired indie rock that reminds me a bit of Youth Group or old Death Cab for Cutie. Either way, I like them.
– – ~ – –
I haven’t yet done my Christmas goodies post, so here they are! First off, bookish purchases:
1. Book Blogger Holiday Card Exchange: card & book cards from Melissa @ Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf; card from D. Ann @ Overflowing Bookshelf; card & Christmas postcard from Fay @ Blog A Book Etc; card & bookmark from Judith @ Leeswammes’ Blog. Thanks ladies!!
2. Card, notebook, bookmarks, and other goodies from the wonderful Cindy @ Cindy’s Love of Books – including a picture of us when we met at BEA :)
3. Family gifts: Storm Front by Jim Butcher, Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill, Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson, Where’s the Doctor? (Still en route: Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson)
4 – 6. Broke & Bookish Secret Santa gift from Heidi @ YA Bibliophile: Disappearing TARDIS Mug (!!!!!!), Saving Francesca and The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta, Gingerbread man magnetic drawing board, candy canes, hot chocolate powders.
– – ~ – –
“It’s Monday What Are You Reading” is a weekly event hosted by Sheila that lets you share books you’ve read over the past week and books you have coming up.
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Entwined by Heather Dixon
2012 Roundup and Highlights
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Up Next: Sleight of Hand by Peter S. Beagle
What are you reading and listening to? Did any new books find their way into your possession?