Monday Round Up (10.19.09)
“What are you reading on Mondays” is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye that lets you share books you’ve read over the past week and books you have coming up.
I didn’t have too much of an amazing reading week. I finished Holly’s Inbox, which was lots of fun.
Right now I’m in the middle of 1984 by George Orwell, which is creeping me out, as it should.
After that I’m hoping to read In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner.
Mailbox Monday is a weekly event hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.
Nothing arrived in the mail this week, but I did pick up some lovelies at our library’s big annual book sale on Thursday.
Let’s start with the classics:
* Persuasion by Jane Austen (Everyone keeps telling me this is better than Pride and Prejudice)
* A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickson (Just in time for Christmas! Okay, so maybe I still have a little time yet)
* Anna Karenin by Leo Tolstoy (Perhaps another Christmas read?)
Now for some books that are a little more contemporary:
* State of Fear by Michael Crichton (When I posted about Crichton for Booking Through Thursday, I realized there were a couple books by him that I haven’t read yet. This is one of them. And for 50 cents I couldn’t pass it up.)
* Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (I’ve been wanting to get into this series and I very nearly bought this at Chapters the weekend before. I was so super excited to find it at the book sale!)
* Angels by Marian Keyes (I love anything by Keyes and this one has been on my list for a while.)
Well, I’d say it was a successful shopping trip!
What are you reading this week & what books found themselves in your possession?