Weekly Round Up (01.13.13)
These were my 5 most listened to tunes from the last week, according to last.fm:
1. Everyone’s Starting Over by The Diggs
2. Dark by Luke Sital-Singh (This song is so beautiful it nearly knocks my breath out.)
3. Never Take Friendship Personal by Anberlin (Was on a bit of an Anberlin kick last week – sometimes it’s good to revisit old favourites.)
4. Let’s Try by Nolita Knights
5. Bloodflow by Alt-J (I’m so choked that their show here in April has already sold out! I’d love to see them live.)
I can’t remember exactly when or how I discovered Luke Sital-Singh’s “Dark”, but I obviously thought it was okay and threw it on my mellow playlist. And, of course, then promptly forgot about it. Over the Christmas break, once I had had my fill of Christmas music, I was doing something around the house and had turned on my mellow playlist in the background. Suddenly this song came on and I was like “what. is. that?” Sometimes it takes a couple listens for a song to sink in, and this one has definitely sunk in now. I can’t get over how beautiful it is.
- – ~ – -
I picked up two library books:
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (I keep hearing fantastic things about this one!)
The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer
Thanks Kimberly :)
- – ~ – -
“It’s Monday What Are You Reading” is a weekly event hosted by Sheila that lets you share books you’ve read over the past week and books you have coming up.
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Sleight of Hand by Peter S. Beagle
Up Next: The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer
What are you reading and listening to? Did any new books find their way into your possession?